COVID-19 Press Release from Swiss Precision Machining, Wheeling, IL
For Immediate Release
Date: March 17, 2020
Joseph A. Haupers, Sales Director
Protective Measures in Response to COVID-19
As we address the challenging and rapidly changing circumstances caused by COVID-19, our top two priorities at Swiss Precision Machining (SPM) are the safety and well-being of our employees and minimizing the impact on our customers’ businesses where we can.
Many of our customers supply critical medical equipment to doctors and hospitals around the world. As our country and community confronts the uncertainty of COVID-19, it is crucial that we work together to maintain a safe environment and support widespread community efforts to slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19. With that in mind SPM is taking the following measures to keep our employees safe and allow our customers to produce the equipment and supplies that are needed during this time:
- We have intensified and added personnel to clean all contact surfaces on a daily basis, including door knobs, tables, desks, handrails, floors, and other surfaces that are frequently touched.
- We are following CDC recommendations and are spacing people at least 6 feet apart in office and production areas to minimize the risk of infection.
- Employees who are sick are sent home or instructed to stay home.
- We have cancelled all travel for the time being. If a critical travel need comes up, we will discuss it on a case-by-case basis.
- We have suspended plant visits, except for some planned visits which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
At this point in time, SPM has no known cases of COVID-19. We will continue to follow all CDC guidelines, monitor the situation closely, and respond to the latest on COVID‑19 with customer and employee safety top of mind.
Our long-term relationships with our customers are of the utmost importance to us, and we understand how critical our work is to their success and to society as a whole. We are committed to navigating this uncharted territory together.